<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 28, 2004

becky rawks! 



There hasn't been a whole lotta details from the Friday night gig. There was one over at the Club from theonlyone [hey krix, you could have seen Keanu AND Kiefer in the same room! Of course, you would have been coughing all over them, but still ... Keanu AND Kiefer!!!]:

"Sorry ladies, I had a couple of errands to run this morning so I had to wait to post this. I was the first person in line last night because I got there at 6 p.m. I wasn't taking any chances on not getting in. Someone else showed up about 30 minutes later and the band trickled in at 6:45. Rob and Rebecca showed up first with a friend. Then Paulie arrived. We said hello to all of them as they walked by. 15 minutes later, Keanu drove up on his bike. We said hello to him and he rushed in because he was running late. There was a big difference in the band when they took the stage last night compared to last Wednesday because they were interacting with each other much more. Keanu teased Rebecca by complimenting her in Italian. She turned around and kicked toward him. Keanu was making a lot of faces and did play his guitar with his teeth (very well I might add) and they were all having fun. While we were standing outside, Rob came back out and I asked him about the CD. He said they changed their minds about the demo and were working on new songs instead which they played last night and they were all great. I talked to the photographer who said he was determined to get better pics of Keanu and had special film to make it happen. Keifer Sutherland was in the bar last night too. Keanu was drinking Corona's onstage and Rebeca had wine. You could dance on the dance floor until Becky played and then there was no room to move, but it was an excellent show and I had a great time!"

I found another report by Natasha and the set list from Paulie over at the Yahoo! Groups beckyband:

The Review:

"Becky put on a FANTASTIC show last night!!! Thankfully there wasn't the long wait that I heard there was at the last Becky gig. At least for me there wasn't. I got there around 8:30-ish (small line), got inside when the first band (D59) had already started playing. For once I actually liked BOTH the opening acts. D59 were rockin' and Dirty Heads were just cool! They were interesting to say the least. :)

As for Becky they played some of their "old" and "brand spanking new" songs (as Rebecca told the crowd). I don't have a set list, so I couldn't really tell you the songs in order. Becky looked (and sang) like an angel. Aside from a couple of technical glitches, I thought the band sounded great! Paulie had a nice dark suit on with a shiny red tie that complimented his red mini-mohawk. It was a very cool fashion statement. :) As for Keanu, well, I've never seen him so animated/playful on stage. He even played the bass with his teeth at one point. LOL! The place was pretty full when Becky came on (if not FULL) and people seemed to really enjoy/get into their set. Someone at one point (from the audience) gave Rebecca a tiara and she tried to put it on Paulie's head. He didn't wear it though. :) The band came on around 10:45 and they played about an hour. They were going to get off the stage at one point, but they decided to play one more song. Yay! It was a lot of fun. The band sounded tight and it looked like they were having a really, really good time! :) Well, sorry this is just a mini-review and some random
thoughts. I hope to hear more reviews and what people thought of the show. Thanks again Becky for a wonderful show!!!

~Natasha

P.S. I didn't see any of the usual suspects, Victoria, Ev or Jenn. If you were there, I'm sorry I missed you guys."


Set List:

vanishing
sally
higher ground

sr. prom
grace

disco
shut it off
broken track
miles
stv

london towne
debasser
break me


Comments: Post a Comment