Tuesday, March 30, 2004
Guess What Movie I Watched on the Plane Down to Atlanta?
Here's a hint ...
They cut out a few things including this scene. Can you believe it? I can understand the cutting out the full nudity scene for a viewing by the general airplane public, but why the jumping-over-the-couch scene? How much time did they shave off the total viewing time, half a minute? Big deal. What's the point?
Upon my second viewing, I have found that I'm a little sensitive about the whole "falling in love" thing. I have fallen in love once in my life, years and years ago. I was so smitten, that at one point, saying something clever enough to make him smile was the highlight of my day. He had the most beautiful smile. We had some pretty enlightening and profound conversations, which I can't really remember now. I should have written those discoveries down, because now they are lost forever. Anyways, he was a friend of mine and he had a girlfriend and wasn't interested in a romantic relationship with me. I did kiss him once and it was pretty lame. In my experience, the if the kiss isn't right, the rest probably won't be either. So I cling to that kiss to remind me how wrong it would have been. And I'm a little mad at him for not being in love with me too.
So you see, this particular movie, has a lot of sensitive issues for me ... aging, falling in love, Keanu. Yes, Keanu is a sensitive subject for me. I am feeling quite insane about Keanu. It's like I'm addicted. I know my affection for him is not based in reality, and I find that very depressing. But I can't seem to talk myself out of it. You can't reason with love. Or at least I can't. I feel what I feel [a corollary to ... I am what I am].
This is one of my bumming around days. I better get outta the room and actually DO something HERE [there's free high speed internet in the room ... I could blurk all day, but I'm cutting myself off]. I'm feeling a little stranded with no car. There's a mall that's not too far away. Maybe I'll do some shopping. Or at least walk around a little.
P.S. Thanks to Nettie for the grabs. I think you got every frame of the movie :) and it's a wonderful thing!
They cut out a few things including this scene. Can you believe it? I can understand the cutting out the full nudity scene for a viewing by the general airplane public, but why the jumping-over-the-couch scene? How much time did they shave off the total viewing time, half a minute? Big deal. What's the point?
Upon my second viewing, I have found that I'm a little sensitive about the whole "falling in love" thing. I have fallen in love once in my life, years and years ago. I was so smitten, that at one point, saying something clever enough to make him smile was the highlight of my day. He had the most beautiful smile. We had some pretty enlightening and profound conversations, which I can't really remember now. I should have written those discoveries down, because now they are lost forever. Anyways, he was a friend of mine and he had a girlfriend and wasn't interested in a romantic relationship with me. I did kiss him once and it was pretty lame. In my experience, the if the kiss isn't right, the rest probably won't be either. So I cling to that kiss to remind me how wrong it would have been. And I'm a little mad at him for not being in love with me too.
So you see, this particular movie, has a lot of sensitive issues for me ... aging, falling in love, Keanu. Yes, Keanu is a sensitive subject for me. I am feeling quite insane about Keanu. It's like I'm addicted. I know my affection for him is not based in reality, and I find that very depressing. But I can't seem to talk myself out of it. You can't reason with love. Or at least I can't. I feel what I feel [a corollary to ... I am what I am].
This is one of my bumming around days. I better get outta the room and actually DO something HERE [there's free high speed internet in the room ... I could blurk all day, but I'm cutting myself off]. I'm feeling a little stranded with no car. There's a mall that's not too far away. Maybe I'll do some shopping. Or at least walk around a little.
P.S. Thanks to Nettie for the grabs. I think you got every frame of the movie :) and it's a wonderful thing!
Comments:
Post a Comment


